How to Set Multiple Actions for One Rule
Actions are the events that occur after a rule fires true or positive. All actions will take place but not all actions will be visible to the user (assuming they are a user facing action). Most often, if a rule fires true and has multiple user facing (or primary) actions, the highest priority action will be the one visible to the user, although all actions will be recorded.
That being said, all you need to do is keep that in mind when setting multiple actions for a rule.
To set multiple actions for one rule…
- Go to Rules Engine > Create Rules
Note: You don’t have to create a new rule to set multiple actions, you can also edit an existing rule and these steps will work for whether you are creating a new rule or editing an existing one.
- Set the rule logic you want.
- Under Specify Actions, select the action you want.
- Once you’ve selected your first action, you’ll need to select the above button on the right, ADD ACTION, to add another one. Press that button.
- Now another Action selection shows up underneath the first one. Simply select your next action here.
- Keep repeating steps 4 and 5 until you have all the actions you want.
- Now you simply name your rule, add any tags or scoring you want and then select CREATE RULE to finish or TEST RULE to go to the Test Center to test out your rule.