KG main page consists of the following functional areas and graphic modules:
- Graph Display: Display entity nodes and their linkages. Located in the middle area.
- Toolbar: Provide commonly used tools. Located above Graph Display.
- Side Panel: Graph layout configuration, interaction, and operation. Located to the left of Graph Display.
- Detailed Information Pop-Up Area: Located to the right of Graph Display.
- Table of Corresponding Use Cases: Located below Graph Display.
- Graph Type Title: Located in the upper left area.
- Knowledge Graph Setting: Located in the upper right area
- Guide: Quick guidelines for new users of KG. Located in the upper right area.
- Suggestion & Feedback: Located in the upper right area
- System Setting: Located in the uppermost right corner.
4.1 Graph Types
There are 3 types of graph: User Knowledge Graph, Cluster Knowledge Graph, and Entity Knowledge Graph.
User Knowledge Graph: User KG centers an individual user node and expands linkages to other attributes and users from that central user node. An example of User KG is shown below.
Cluster Knowledge Graph: Cluster KG shows a cluster of users detected by DataVisor’s unsupervised machine learning (UML) algorithm. An example of Cluster KG is shown below.
Entity Knowledge Graph: Entity KG centers a user attribute (e.g. email, phone, etc...) and expands linkages to other user nodes from that central attribute node.
4.2 System Settings and Functionality
4.2.1 System Settings
Change Background Color: By default, DV KG uses dark mode (light text on dark background). To switch to a light mode (dark text on light background), click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. In the dropdown menu, choose SWITCH TO LIGHT THEME.
You can switch back to dark mode by choosing SWITCH TO NOIR THEME.
4.2.2 Toolbar Function
The toolbar with the most commonly used functions is shown below. These are 7 basic tools including Undo, Redo, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Full Screen, Multi Select, Search, and Smart Layout respectively. They can be operated according to the needs of the business or by individual preference. The operations of each tool function are self explanatory.
- Undo & Redo: Undo erases the last change done to the graph, reverting it to an older state. Redo is the opposite of Undo. Support 50 changes in maximum.
- Zoom In & Zoom Out: Adjust the screen so that the graph seems to be bigger or smaller.
- Full Screen: Go full screen with one-click.
- Multi Select: Support to choose a few nodes simultaneously for batch operation. After selecting a pop up box would pop up, allowing user to put multiple entities into blacklists. In addition, we can also bulk move the selected items with bulk move functions .
- Search: Can search the target node(s) showed in the graph with node type and the value. Details in Section 4.3 Search on Current Graph
- Smart Layout: To quickly explore the complex relationships and relationship features between nodes, DV KG has a Smart Layout function, which is located in the left side panel. The details on smart layout functionality is described in the Section 5.6 Automatic Smart Layout.
4.2.3 Search on Current Graph
The information search function in the graph includes a user node search bar and attribute node search bar. The results of the attribute node search, or attribute classification search, are highlighted as shown in the figure below.
First, click the Choose Type drop-down menu. Select the node type to be filtered, type the value of the corresponding type in the input box, and click the search button.
For example, if you select "address" first, and then enter the city value as "YOUNGSTOWN" in the search bar, the graph will highlight and center the attributes matching the search as well as their immediately associated (one degree) user nodes.
This function makes it easy to search for key parts of the relationships of interest to the business. Double-click any blank area of the KG display to cancel the highlight function.
4.2.4 Global Entity Search
KG provides a global KG search function, which is located in the side panel on the left. The corresponding user KG and entity KG can be searched by entering the complete User ID and attribute field values respectively.
Enter the complete user ID value and then click GO to use global search on user KG, KG would display the graph with the searched userid as the primary target node.
Global search may also be used on the entity KG. For example, you can enter a complete email inbox value and click GO and it would display the entity as the main node.